Yh we’ve all had that really hard crust meat pie, really unappetizing!!
Well I’ve got a great recipe for softer dough that will make great tasting meat pies. So here we go.
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of salted butter (make sure it cold)
1 1/4 cups of flour
3-4 tablespoon of Ice water
Now the key to perfect execution of this crust Recipe is to Keep every thing cold.
– Start by dicing the butter and return it back to the fridge to keep it cold.
– Next mix the flour and salt with a food processor or whisk.
– Now add the butter to the mixture and pulse until you have a crumb like texture
– Add 2 table spoons of water and pulse till you start forming a dough ball. (If it isn’t forming a ball you may need to add one more tablespoon)
Note: If you don’t have a food processor. Use a whisk for the dry ingredients then as you begin to add the water, switch to using your hand to knead the dough about 4-5 times. Don’t over work the dough as it will make it tough!
Note: it is important use a silicone baking mat if you can because it will require less flour dusting of the surface. because the more flour you use the tougher the dough becomes.
Now time to roll the dough:
– Dust your surface very lightly with flour
– Use your rolling disk to roll your ball of dough into a circle flip and repeat. till the thickness is about 1/4 thick
– Now use a cookie cutter to cut out the dough into disks
– Then refrigerate while you make the filling
Tip: make sure sure the filling is cool before creating your meat pies
Now if you just read all of this and you’re like: Girl thats way too much work. Well, its not gonna be as great but you can use pillsbury brand of crust.